Acoustic ceiling product made from
agricultural by-product. Suitable for residential and commercial
Acoustic and thermal building sheets made
from compressed straw. The straw is reinforced by galvanised wire
running the length of the sheets and held by wire stitches. Has
Department of Health B Grade Fire Rating and is accepted as a fire
resistant lining material for all public buildings. Used as wall
and ceiling lining where sound absorption and thermal resistance
- Provides noise reduction through sound absorption. Provides a
natural softness to a room or undercover area. Reduces ceiling
- Provides thermal insulation, reducing heating/cooling
- Lightweight and therefore easy to install.
- Made from natural products: renewable agricultural waste.
Readily biodegradable after useful life.
- Not suited to exterior use, unless sealed with a coat of clear
- Has a thermal resistance of R1.24, which is equivalent to 35mm
of fibreglass insulation.
- Natural appearance reduces need for additive finishes and
Information last verified 18th