The Laminex Group manufactures Particleboards from wood chips and fibre sourced from plantations and sawmills carrying Australian Forestry Standard (AFS) Sustainable Forest Management Certification and Chain of Custody and Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification Schemes (PEFC) certification.
The product has achieved LCARate Gold Plus and GreenRate Level A, certified under Global GreenTag Standard V3.2
The Laminex Group manufactures MDF from wood chips and fibre sourced from plantations and sawmills carrying Australian Forestry Standard (AFS) Sustainable Forest Management Certification and Chain of Custody and Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification Schemes (PEFC) certification, ensuring that the main raw material for the products is legally sourced and sustainably harvested.
The wood fibre undergoes a quality inspection to ensure consistency before melamine-urea formaldehyde resin is added and the boards are pressed, dried and cut to size. The whole process obtains almost 2/3 of its energy from burning otherwise unusable waste wood fibre, greatly reducing the demand on fossil fuels.
The particleboard is a three layered board, with fine particles on the top and bottom surfaces, and larger wood flakes in the middle. The wood particles are pressed and bonded together with resin creating a tight compact panel that can be machined easily.
- Australian Made
- Made in Australia from majority Aust. components
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- >7 year warranty
- All marketing environmental claims verified accurate
- Building Code of Australia compliant
- Certified Environmental Management System
- Complies with Australian law
- Environmental Management System
- Fit for Purpose certified
- Health & Ecotoxicity
- Healthy Formaldehyde Levels
- Healthy VOC levels
- Life Cycle Analysis – Greenhouse Gas
- 'Net Positive' carbon contributor
- Carbon footprint available
- Energy efficient
- Life Cycle Analysis – Resources
- Life Cycle Analysis – Water
- Water efficient
- Water footprint available