The Laminex Group manufactures particleboard from wood chips and fibre sourced from plantations and sawmills carrying Australian Forestry Standard (AFS) Sustainable Forest Management Certification and Chain of Custody and Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification Schemes (PEFC) certification.
The product has achieved GreenRate Level A, certified under Global GreenTag Standard V3.2
The Laminex Group manufactures MDF from wood chips and fibre sourced from plantations and sawmills carrying Australian Forestry Standard (AFS) Sustainable Forest Management Certification and Chain of Custody and Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification Schemes (PEFC) certification, ensuring that the main raw material for the products is legally sourced and sustainably harvested.
The wood fibre undergoes a quality inspection to ensure consistency before urea formaldehyde resin is added and the boards are pressed, dried and cut to size. The whole process obtains almost 2/3 of its energy from burning otherwise unusable waste wood fibre, greatly reducing the demand on fossil fuels.
The finished product is a stable homogeneous board with a smooth surface capable of accepting a range of surface coatings including paints, veneers, laminates, paper and vinyl foils. Product is packaged in coverboards with PET strapping and transported on pallets that may be recycled.
Craftwood® STD MDF E0 is recommended for interior applications only and is suitable for joinery, lacquered furniture, furniture mouldings, built-in furniture, shelving, wall linings and partitions, pattern making, toys, clocks and trophies.
- Australian Made
- Made in Australia from majority Aust. components
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- ≥7 year warranty
- All marketing environmental claims verified accurate
- Certified Environmental Management System
- Complies with Australian law
- Fit for Purpose certified
- Health & Ecotoxicity
- Equivalent to Natural Background Formaldehyde Levels
- Healthy Formaldehyde Levels
- Healthy VOC levels
- Life Cycle Analysis – Greenhouse Gas
- Carbon footprint available
- Life Cycle Analysis – Resources
- Life Cycle Analysis – Water
- Water footprint available